The PADI Advanced Freediver course is the logical next step from the PADI Freediver course. You have taken and passed the PADI Freediver Course and now want to bring your freediving to the next level. Welcome to the PADI Advanced Freediver Course!
To enroll in the PADI Advanced Freediver Course you must have a PADI Freediver certification (or a qualifying certification from another freediver organization).
You must be at least 15 years old and you need adequate swimming skills be comfortable in water and need to be in good physical health.
You must also have completed the EFR Primary Care (CPR) course (or another qualifying course) in the past two years. If you don’t have a suitable qualification we can provide this course.
The PADI Advanced Freediver Course takes 2.5 days to complete and consists of 3 sections:
- Knowledge development: This is where you continue to learn about freediving principles and continue developing your understanding of how the underwater world interacts with your body, and how that affects you when freediving.
- Pool sessions: Here you will improve your relaxation techniques increase your static apnea as well as refine your dynamic apnea technique.
- Open water sessions Day 1 & 2: Here you will practice deeper free immersion and constant weight freedives, along with additional buddy procedures and rescue techniques.
The performance requirements for the pool sessions are to complete static apnea for 2 minutes, 30 seconds (2 minutes for freedivers younger than 18) and dynamic apnea of 50 meters (40 meters for freedivers younger than 18).
The performance requirements for the open water sessions is complete a constant weight freedive of minimum 16 meters on the first open water day and a minimum of 20m and maximum 24 meters on the second day (15 meters for freedivers younger than 18)
The Price for the PADI Advanced Freediver course is 30,500 Rs for the course with diving day 1 & 2 at the quarry. If you want to do the diving part in the ocean it will be 37,000 Rs for the 2 sessions of diving in the ocean. If you would like to do one day diving at the quarry and one day in the ocean then the price will be 33,500 Rs. The ocean dives will depend on the weather and on availability on the boat, so if you have a preference for the ocean it can be looked into, but it will depend on factors outside our control. These prices are inclusive of 18% GST tax.
Booking & Cancellation
- 50% Deposit
- Up to 30 days the deposit is fully-refundable.
- Up to 7 days the deposit is 50%-refundable.
- Less than 7 days all deposits are NON-REFUNDABLE but booking can be altered.
- You may change your booking date 7 days prior to your initial booking date.
- Less than 7 days prior to your initial booking, a new booking and deposit will need to be made.